ARLINGTON PUBLIC SCHOOLS
In accordance with the provisions of the Massachusetts General laws, Chapter 30A, Section 20, notice is hereby given for the following meeting of the:
Arlington School Committee
School Committee Special Meeting
Monday, August 31, 2020
|6:30 p.m. Open Meeting|
|You are invited to a Zoom webinar. |
When: Aug 31, 2020 06:30 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Topic: School Committee Special Meeting, Monday, August 31, 2020 at 6:30 p.m.
Register in advance for this webinar:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
|6:35 p.m. Public Comment|
- Members of the public are asked to send written comments to firstname.lastname@example.org by 3PM on Monday, August 31, 2020. All comments and questions received by the School Committee by the date and time indicated will become part of the packet and public record and will be shared with the full School Committee and administration before the meeting via email. No written comments will be read at the meeting.
- For members of the public who wish to address the Committee on the Zoom call, there will be 30 minutes of public comment. Depending on how many people sign up, time allotments may be reduced but will not exceed three minutes each. If the number of people who sign up exceeds what can be reasonably done in 30 minutes, the number of speakers will be capped and will be invited to speak based on the timestamp of their email to Ms. Fitzgerald. If you would like to sign up to speak please email email@example.com by 3PM on Monday, August 31, 2020.
|7:10 Report on Subcommittees|
- Facilities Subcommittee Report, J. Thielman
- Budget Subcommittee Report, K. Allison-Ampe
- CIAA Subcommittee Report, L. Kardon
- Policies & Procedures: Paul Schlichtman, Chair
- Supt. Search Process Committee, P. Schlichtman
|All items listed with an asterisk are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a member of the committee so requests, in which event the item will be considered in its normal sequence:|
|*Approval of Warrant: Warrant #21039 / Check Date will be Tuesday,
August 25th, 2020 in the amount of $ 611,602.73 .
- To conduct strategy sessions in preparation for negotiations with union and/or nonunion personnel or contract negotiations with union and/or nonunion in which if held in an open meeting, may have a detrimental effect.
- To conduct strategy with respect to collective bargaining or litigation, in which if held in an open meeting, may have a detrimental effect. Collective bargaining may also be conducted.
|10:00 p.m. Adjournment|
|The listings of matters are those reasonably anticipated by the Chair, which may be discussed at the meeting. Not all items listed may in fact be discussed and other items not listed may also be brought up for discussion to the extent permitted by law.|
|Stated times and time amounts, listed in parenthesis, are the estimated amount of time for that particular agenda item. Actual times may be shorter or longer depending on the time needed to fully explore the topic.|
|Submitted by Jane Morgan, Chair|
Correspondence received August 11 through August 27, 2020 regarding
opening of schools.
Lucy R Hutyra
Mary Beth Wilkes
The Arlington SPED Alliance
Karen and Curt Connors
Town of Arlington Legal Dept Supplement-Remote Meeting Checklist and Guidance
|Massachusetts law requires all open session meetings of public bodies to be accessible to members of the public, including those with disabilities. If you need reasonable accommodations in order to participate in the meeting, contact the Administrative Assistant to the Arlington School Committee Karen Fitzgerald at firstname.lastname@example.org in advance of the meeting.|